by John Dominguez, CHAUVET® Assistant Service Manager
ShowXpress™ is a DMX software that allows you to control DMX fixtures from your laptop or smartphone . The software offers a more flexible and versatile option to the regular rack-mounted controller by bringing you to the modern realm of computer control. Let’s face it, people are using computers for everything nowadays, so why shouldn’t controlling your fixtures be one of them? In 1998, the first customer placed an order for the Windows-compatible ShowXpress™ software. Since its introduction to the market, ShowXpress™ has gone through a significant amount of updates. Read on for a condensed history of the software that simplifies mobile gigs all over the world.
A Condensed History of ShowXpress™ Milestones
- December 2009: First version of ShowXpress™, version 6.00, available for Windows and MacOS.
- April 2010: version 6.2 features Timeline — a synchronized media playback that merges audio, video, pictures and lighting.
- June 2010: Version 6.22 introduces MIDI and DMX input management.
- July 2010: Version 6.23 adds Macro buttons in Live to trigger several buttons simply by pressing one “macro” button.
- August 2010: Version 6.24 features a “copy” and “paste” section in Timeline to simplify programming and synchronization.
- October 2010: Version 6.25 is now available in German and Dutch. It also includes a lasso selection tool and *BPM tool, which allows scenes to be triggered to beats per minute (*BPM tool is not available on MacOS).
- January 2011: Version 6.26 is now available in Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish. It also includes an astronomical clock trigger and DMX output patch, which allows you to automatically trigger scenes on a specific date and time, and control the software with an external DMX controller.
- May 2011: Version 6.27 changes history by allowing you to control ShowXpress™ from your smartphone or tablet.
- December 2011: Version 6.30beta1 introduces Pixels, which allows for pixel-mapping control over your RGB fixtures.
ShowXpress™ is constantly changing and adapting to the needs of the market. Click here to ensure you are using the latest version of the software. Keep your eyes on CHAUVET® DJ for the latest advances in DMX control.