1. Favorite CHAUVET® light/product: COLORdash™ Batten Tri. I really like the work done with the tri-colored LEDs. I hated the red and green shadows on the three different color LEDs. I use them for frontlighting of live bands and really do not see a need to buy par cans anymore.
2. Favorite CHAUVET® YouTube video: Q-Beam™ 260-LED I would like to see a few of these in person.
3. Favorite DJ: DJ Drew in St. Louis. He replaced the previous DJ at the bar I worked and by far is the best DJ I have ever worked with.
4. Favorite event/nightclub with lights: It used to be The Phoenix South County where I worked however, the best concert light show I have seen since has got to be Roger Waters. I went to high school with the guy who designed the lighting for the Star Wars concert and have worked with, on occasion, another lighting designer from St. Louis who works for CTI and has designed lighting for acts like Aerosmith.
5. Favorite tip for new CHAUVET® DJs: Heed the warning of no more than 30 fixtures on a DMX chain, use terminators, and always optically isolate your controller from your fixtures.
6. Complete this sentence: A show without lights is like…feasting on bread and water when you could be having steak and lobster and champagne.
Want to be our Fan of the Month? Just “Like” CHAUVET® on Facebook and engage.